We do not knowingly collect Personal Information directly from children under the age of fourteen. The website is for a general audience and is not specifically targeted to or intended for use by children.
What Information Do We Collect
We may collect and use your Personal Information to manage our relationship with you, to communicate with you, to obtain your feedback, to improve our products, to conduct research and marketing activities, and to comply with the law.
We collect and use several types of information that you provide, including:
- Personal Information, that we can use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, username or other similar identifier, billing and account information, and any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline.
- Non-personal information is information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
- Usage information, includes your login information, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platforms, or information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website Interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), click stream to, through and from our website (including dates and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
How We Collect The Information
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you may include:
- In-Store: When you visit one of our stores, we may ask you for certain information while you interact with one of our representatives. This may include contact information, payment information, product information and other information you provide when you purchase a vehicle or service from us, and when you finance your lease or purchase through our partners, including your name, email address, address, phone number and financial information.
- Online Accounts: If you sign up for an online account through the website, we may ask you to provide your username, password, email address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, past purchases.
- Marketing Communications: If you would like to receive marketing communications from us, you may do so by signing up on the website or in our stores. We will ask you to provide your email address or phone number so we can send you marketing materials.
- Communicating with Us: When you contact us about a customer service issue, or to make other inquiries, we collect the content of those communications, and any additional information about the method of communication such as phone, SMS, email, chat, or through social media platforms. For example, if you email us, we will collect your email address, if you send us a text message, we will collect your phone number, and so on.
- Loyalty & Rewards Programs: If you enroll in a loyalty or rewards program, we collect information such as your name, email, telephone number, or mailing address to track your rewards and allow you to redeem them across our brands.
- Other information You Provide Online: This includes information provided when you subscribe to our service, post material, or request further services, such a quote. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our website.
We use various technologies such as cookies, local shared objects, and web beacons ("Data Technologies") that automatically collect Information on how you use our site and to improve your browsing experience. "Cookies" are small identifiers sent from a web server that are stored on your device for the purpose of identifying your browser or storing Information or settings in your browser. "Local shared objects," may be used to store your preferences or display content based upon what you have viewed on various websites to personalize your visit. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online behavioral or interest based advertising. To learn more or to opt out of tailored advertising, please visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Tool for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website.
Information We Collect About You from Third Parties
During use of the website, as a result of disclosure to third parties, or as a consequence of the network connections used to connect to the website or any related servers or computer networks, any data transmitted outside of Canada and may be subject to the laws of those other jurisdictions.
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics and web analytics services provided by Google Inc. to help us measure traffic and usage trends. Google Analytics sets a cookie to evaluate your use of the website and compile reports for us on activity on the website to help us understand how visitors engage with the website and track visitor interactions. Google Analytics collects information anonymously and without identifying individual visitors. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google states that it will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By accessing this Website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. Google Analytics uses its own cookies to store information, such as what time the visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before, and what site referred the visitor to the web page. To disable this type of cookie, some browsers will indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis. In addition to declining cookies, you can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on in your browser https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout,which prevents Google Analytics from collecting information about your website visits. Learn more about the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on and other Google Analytics privacy information https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
Information We Create Ourselves
We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose. For example, we may calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular telephone area code.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your Personal Information, to manage our business and to maintain and develop commercial relationships with you.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present the website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To improve the website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
Information We Collect
We collect and maintain different types of personal information concerning the individuals with whom we interact. For example, we may collect:
- your contact information, such as your name, telephone number, e-mail address;
- information which enables us to provide you with the products or services that you seek, including any information you provide to us when you create or maintain an account with us;
- information which enables us to offer you products and services which we believe may be of interest to you, including information about your interests, purchase patterns, incentive eligibility, vehicle purchase intentions, and demographic information (e.g., age, gender, education level, occupation, and marital status);
- information about your use of certain services that we may provide to you, or that may be provided through your vehicle; and
- information about your vehicle, including: (i) your vehicle's make, model, and model year; (ii) vehicle identification number (VIN); (iii) license plate number; (iv) whether it was a new or used, lease or purchase, and/or a trade-in; (v) date of purchase or lease; (vi) the term of your lease or financing and other loan-related information; (vii) service information (e.g. service history, recalls, warranty and repair data, mileage, diagnostic data about the performance or status of vehicle modules and systems); and (viii) applicable third party service providers (e.g. cellular provider, satellite radio provider, etc.).
How We Share Your Information
Sharing With Our Partners
We may provide your data, including your Personal Information, to our affiliated companies and brands, to third parties who provide services to you or us, to promotional partners, to social media companies, or to other third parties as needed to carry out our business, or comply with a legal obligation.
How We Store and Secure Your Information
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality, integrity, availability and privacy of your Personal Information. We have put appropriate physical, technological and procedural security measures in place designed to help prevent your Personal Information from being lost, used, modified or accessed in an unauthorized way, or improperly disclosed.
We may retain non-personal information that has been sufficiently aggregated or anonymized for a longer period.
Once the retention period is over, we will dispose of your Personal Information as provided for in our internal record retention and destruction policy.
Access and Rectification Requests
You have the right to request and to have access to your Personal Information that is held by us. You can also request that your Personal Information be rectified if it is inaccurate, incomplete or equivocal or if its collection, communication or storage is not authorized by law.
We will respond to every request for access and rectification within 30 days of receiving the written request. If we refuse to provide access to or rectify your Personal Information, we will tell you the reasons for the refusal, subject to the restrictions prescribed by law.
HOW TO CONTACT US
All questions or concerns regarding this Policy or about the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information may be addressed to:
Amherst Chrysler Ltd
118 Robert Angus Drive Amherst NS Canada
Telephone: Contact Dealership for details
Email: Contact Dealership for details
Privacy Officer Contact Details:
118 Robert Angus Drive Amherst NS Canada
Email: Contact Dealership for details
This privacy statement explains our on-line policies and practices pertaining to customer information. It is our goal to assist with understanding how we collect and use information through this website, and how you can contact us if you have any questions or concerns. We value our customers and through this communication of our data handling practices we hope to facilitate a trusting and long-lasting relationship with you.
Our Organization and Website
We are an authorized dealer of Chrysler brand products and services. This On-line Privacy Statement describes the way that this website collects and uses your personal and non-personal information that we collect or that you provide through this website. Our website provides information about certain Chrysler brands of automobiles and products. Although we are an authorized dealer of Chrysler products and services, we make no representations on behalf of Chrysler Canada Inc. or their affiliated companies.
The business purpose of this website is to provide you with on-line information about our dealership and our products and services. This On-Line Privacy Statement outlines the information we may collect and how we may use that information in the course of conducting our business. This Statement also describes the protections in place against collecting and using children's data.
Personally Identifiable Information We Collect From You and Methods of Collection
During a normal visit to our site personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, mailing address, email, and telephone number, is not collected unless you provide it to us voluntarily. If you opt not to provide us with personal information, you can still access our websites; however, you may be unable to participate in certain promotions, have an order fulfilled, receive product information (such as a quote on a product), or qualify for a credit application, if applicable.
How We Use the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
Personally identifiable information collected on our website or other integrated sites may be used to:
- Fulfill a request such as send marketing or promotional materials, including e-mails, or other information
- Fulfill and deliver an order for goods or services such as a request for quote
- Respond to your comments or requests for information
- Meet a request for or to develop new products or services
- Generate site analytics to help improve our site layout, content, product offerings and services
- Comply with legal requirements
Aggregate Information We Collect From You and Methods of Collection
When browsing, our website does collect "aggregate" information, which is non-personally identifiable information. This means that we do not track this information on an individual basis that identifies you, but rather accumulate this information on an aggregate basis that includes all site visitors. Non-personal information includes tracking the site pages visited or the amount of time spent on our site.
When you visit our website a server housing the pages automatically generates a "session log." We use session logs to help us determine how people travel through our site. In this way, we can structure our pages so that the information most frequently visited is easier to find. By tracking page visits, we can also determine if the information we're providing is being used.
When you view one of our websites or interactive advertisements, we may use "cookies" to collect aggregate data. A "cookie" is a small text file that helps us in many ways to make your visit to our website more enjoyable and meaningful to you. For example, cookies avoid you having to log in every time you come back to one of our websites. They also allow us to tailor a website or advertisement to better match your interests and preferences. There are a couple different types of cookies. A "session" cookie is stored only in your computer's working memory (RAM) and only lasts for your browsing session. When you close all of your browser's windows, or when you shut down your computer, the session cookie disappears forever. A "persistent" cookie is stored on your computer's hard drive until a specified date, which could be tomorrow, next week, or 10 years from now. Persistent cookies stay on your computer until either a) they expire, b) they are overwritten with newer cookies, or c) you manually remove them. Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies; however, this may prevent you from having access to some site functions or features.
How We Use the Aggregate (Non-Personally Identifiable) Information We Collect
Non-Personally identifiable information collected on our website or other integrated sites may be used to:
- Compile aggregate and statistical data to help in website design and to identify popular features
- Measure site activity to allow us to update our site to better meet user wants and needs
We utilize session log data and your personal and non-personal data for the purpose of performing analytics on the users' experience while visiting this site. This analysis:
- Is performed on an aggregate level and does not identify you or your information personally
- Involves the use of a third party vendor acting on behalf of us
- Is performed in order to improve our website and the user experience
- May include the use of session and/or persistent cookies to track user movement across this and other websites or to track other events within or across this and other websites
- May be shared with other entities where deemed appropriate
Sharing Your Information
Personal information you provide to us in the course of requesting a product or service through this website may be gathered and stored in our database and be used for purposes of contacting you for promotional offers, marketing programs, or other communications from this website or other associated websites.
We do not sell, rent, share or otherwise provide your personally identifiable information provided to us through this website to others except as stated and as otherwise permitted by law.
We may share personal information that we collect through this website with other companies within our family of companies or our business partners and affiliates. Our "family of companies" is the group of companies related to us by common control or ownership. Our business partners and affiliates may include other companies that provide related products or are integrated on our website. We share information within this "family" as a normal part of conducting business and offering products and services to our customers.
Site metrics for our website may be shared within our family of companies and within Chrysler Canada Inc. including its parent companies or affiliates. The information shared will be aggregate data and will not include any of your personally identifiable information.
Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy statements of sites to which you are linked so that you may understand how those sites collect, use and share your information. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or other content or data handling practices on websites linked to our website or a third party website.
If you have any questions or comments concerning this privacy statement or have any questions regarding the contents of this website please contact us at insert Dealer's contact information.
All text, images, graphics, animation, videos, music, sounds, UI, data and other materials on this site are subject to the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of the dealership, Chrysler, and our affiliated companies or licensors. Materials on this website may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these materials be modified or reposted to other sites.
All trademarks displayed on this site are subject to various trademark rights. These trademarks include, but are not limited to, product brand names, vehicle model names, slogans, and logos and emblems. The unauthorized use of any trademark displayed on this site is strictly prohibited.
Changes in Policy